Yeti 575:As the longest standing full suspension bike in Yeti's product line, the Yeti 575 has been transformed with countless improvements over the last few years. 2011 saw a complete redesign that included a hydro-formed main pivot junction to increase the stiffness and clearance, a direct-mount front derailleur, ISCG '03 tabs, and cable stops for dropper seat posts.
New for 2012: This year, Yeti added a new custom butted rear triangle to improve the strength and stiffness of the rear end, while maintaining the same weight. They also added an inset tapered head tube to increase front-end stiffness, as well as a re-designed down tube with greater fork clearance.
Available Build Kits: ENDURO, ENDURO PLUS, RACE, PRO
The Yeti 575 has been one of Yeti's best-sellers for years now, and for good reason. It's an efficient pedaling, long-legged trailbike that you can ride all over the mountain, all day long. A great choice if you can only have one mountain bike in the garage.
New for 2012: Several important changes for 2012, most notably, the hybrid carbon/aluminum rear triangle is gone, replaced by a redesigned, all-aluminum version (with internal cable routing) that offers more resistance to the abuse of aggressive riding, with no weight penalty compared to the carbon version, and a lower price too.
• Custom butted hydro-formed 7005 alloy tube set
• Tapered Inset HeadTube (44mm/56mm)
• New rear triangle with full custom butted alloy tubing
• Internal cable routing
• Double row bearings on swing-arm main pivot
• Direct mount front der. eliminates clearance issues
• Cable stops for height adjustable seatpost
• ISCG 03 tabs for easy installation of chain guide system
• Optional dropouts for 135MM QR or 142MM X 12MM
• TRAVEL: 5.75" (146MM)
• WEIGHT: 7.0 LBS (3.17 KG)
• SIZES: X-SMALL, SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE, X-LARGE
• COLORS: BLACK, LIME, WHITE
• R.SHOCK: FOX RP23 (7.875"X2.0") / FOX RP2 (ENDURO KITS)
• B.BRACKET: 73MM SHELL
• R.WHEEL: 135MM SPACING QR / 142MM SPACING 12MM AXLE
• F.DERAILLEUR: DIRECT MOUNT (E-TYPE)
• SEATPOST: 30.9MM DIAMETER
To complete the build of a 575 frame, you will need:
- Tapered-compatible headset (1.5" bottom, 1 1/8" top)
- 73mm English thread bottom bracket
- Direct Mount (E-Type) front derailleur
- 30.9mm seatpost
My new GoPro HD Helmet Hero camera arrived the other day. This little gem comes comes with a bunch of assorted mounts, including one that attaches to my helmet. I also bought the optional handlebar/seatpost mount so I can mount it on the handlebars of my 575 (and my seatpost) for some different views of the trail.
This photo shows a good closeup of the new 2011 Yeti 575 frame. For 2011, Yeti made the 575 even more capable, adding several key features while maintaining it's lightweight all mountain heritage...
• Up front you'll find a hydroformed tubeset with tapered head tube, ISCG mount and a completely redesigned main pivot. The main pivot utilizes double row bearings and hydroformed junction for unparalleled stiffness and durability.
• The rear triangle has been completely redesigned as well. Stout alloy chainstays, with internal derailleur cable routing, lead back to the dropouts. There you will find Yeti's chip system, run QR(standard) or 12x142QR (sold separately) the choice is yours.
• Moving up to the seatstays you'll see lightweight yet strong carbon fiber construction.
•Even the geometry has been updated, with a slightly lower bottom bracket and slacker head angle.